- Change to the 'Grid View', 'Market Chart', see updated user guide section
- Bug fix tot stop charts resetting on data updates.
- Bug fix to stop odds 'flat lining' after the market has gone in play or closed.
- Change to the odds collection and update system.
- WAP added to the grid.
- 0 (zero) mtp added to the odds selectors (experimental).
- Race Date selector.
- Removed Time of Day options.
- Added Time to Post options going to 24 hours for GB / IE, 6 hours for others.
- Added option to choose movement calculation in a new settings tab.
- Charts tab has a new chart showing market back book, lay book and volume so you can see market maturity.
- Removed charts tab range option.
- Added range option on market chart (see instructions below).
- New site design.
- USA, ZA, FR added to GB, IE, AUS an NZ markets.
- Day and recent charts added to market view.
- Customisation odds price point.
- Movements shown as 'book difference'.
- Last movement from 1st to last odds.
- Betfair account connection.
- 1 click betting / cash out.
- P&L, open and closed bets.
- Open bets actions.
- History export page.
- Mobile responsiveness in the app.
What is Bet Mover?
Bet Mover is a site dedicated to showing the prices movements of horse racing markets from the Betfair exchange, with numerical tables and charts.
Never miss that market mover again!
The Login / Register screen is opened by clicking the link on the top right of the website
Click 'Register' to signup for a free account, enter your email address and click 'Register', you will get an email with link to complete your registration.
Fill in the form and choose a 'strong' password. It must be 8 characters long and contain lowercase, uppercase and numbers
Please use the 'Show and Suggest Password' button to allow the system to create a password for you. You can update you password at anytime on the account page.
We recommend using a password management system like LastPass.
Login / Password Recovery
To login simply use your email address, as provided during login and the password you chose or created.
You may use the 'show password' checkbox to reveal the password for ease of entering. 'Remember me' will keep you logged in for 14 days unless you log out on the account page.
Your Account Page
On https://www.betmover.com/account you can donate to the project, amend your account details and log out.
In future weeks you'll be able to connect to Betfair and see account details.
On the left on the app you see a drop down that allows you to filter races by country, All Races is the default. You can then select a specific meeting if you with
Click a race to load it into the app.
If a race is slightly light then its a closed market, if the race cannot be clicked then its been abandoned.
The link icon to the right of each race will open the market in Betfair in a new window.
When you load a race the race details will show above the runner information. Non UK / IE races have basic information.
UK and Irish racing shows class, distance, handicap status, going, race type, number of runners and race track characteristics. These will show when they are available again after resuming post corona virus lockdown.
The 'GRID' view is shown by clicking 'GRID' on the right and it is the default view on loading a race.
The grid can be sorted in order by clicking on the column header such as runner number or name.
A row with a green background indicates the winner of the race.
- Runner number.
- Draw (if available and not on the silk).
- Silk / saddle cloth number.
- Horse Name.
- Day Chart is the last 10 hours of data, this may be less in the case of AUS racing where data is limited due to the nature of the markets.
- Recent Chart is the last 10 minutes of trading.
- Prices - Betfair Back and Lay price + BSP if the race is settled
- WAP (added 10/04/2020)
- Odds - the odds at the ''time to post' selected in the header.
- Move - the difference between the odds either side. The last odds uses the current price for the 'too price'
Odds time options save automatically and are saved in 2 groups, GB and IE races use different defaults that all other countries. This is because it is likely you'll want to see data much closer the to race off time for non GB / IE races.
Choose the 'htp' - 'hours to post', or 'mtp' - 'minutes to post' from the drop down to see odds from that time.
Steamers are show in GREEN and drifters in RED. The larger the movement the deeper the colour, a very light colour symbolises a small movement.
The 'CHARTS' view is shown by clicking 'CHARTS' on the right and will stay selected when moving between races.
Grey: Volume Traded
WAP is Weighted Average Price. This takes into account amounts traded on each price (odds). If, say, £100 has been traded at 5.0 and £1000 at 6.0, the 'normal average; would be 5.5, the WAP is 5.91. This results in a nice smooth chart that is easy to see real price movements.
The first chart is the 'Market Maturity' chart.
The blue and red lines are how far away from a 100% that side of the market is.
When the blue 'back book' line and red 'lay book' lines are inside the green bar then the market is reasonably mature. (5% gap in book). The time scale on the runner charts start when the market was 'mature' according to that rule (or a preset amount of time if its not).
Click the 'Market Maturity' chart where you want the runner charts to start from. Click near the right of the chart to see recent data, and to the left for more of the days odds data.
General settings can be set here
Movement calculations per country are optional so you can decide what calculation is use for the movement between adjacent odds.
Book Difference, eg:
5.0 to 10.0 = (100 / 5 - 100 / 10) = (20 - 10) = 10
Ticks Difference, eg:
5.0 - 10.0 = (5,5.1,...9.6,9.8,10) = 30 Ticks
5.0 - 10.0 = 10 - 5 / 10 = 0.5 = 50%